Welcome to the Women's Philanthropic Investment Group (WPIG) Blog.

10.06.2011

Auction Sneak Peek #15 - Margaret Terrall

Pacific Northwest artist Margaret Terrall has donated 2 giclee prints that go together as a dyptich, framed. My Summer Flowers 1 and My Summer Flowers 2. Each is 11” x 14”.

Example of her work: 

About Margaret:
I have lived in Portland, Oregon my entire life. My inspiration for my paintings comes from my garden and studio, the beauty of Oregon, the Pacific Northwest and from my travels locally and abroad. Subject matter ranges from the still life, landscapes, cityscapes or people and I combine watercolor with oil pastel, ink and colored pencil. I use acrylic paint with techniques such as scumbling, scraping, stamping and stenciling. I love rich and bold color, relationships and contrasts of shapes, lines, colors and textures. To add more texture or interest to a painting, I glue down assorted papers and other collage materials to the canvas or masonite board with acrylic gloss gels. I love laying down color upon color with a dry brush technique and seeing the combination of several colors show through each other.

 http://www.margaretterrall.com/#artists-statement
FMV - $500

No comments:

Post a Comment